Cruising into fall, stacked with the best new music for you.
• New York City band reaches new heights on sophomore album, utilizing a 30-pc orchestra to create a supremely intense musical ride
• Inspired by film scores, black metal, Mono, Envy, Godspeed...
• Recorded by Dean Baltulonis (Lucero, Sick of It All, Modern Life Is War) and Chris Montgomery (Lily Alen, Mumford & Sons)
• "Devastating, end-of-the-world type shit, putting screamo, post-rock, and atmospheric black metal in a blender and really letting those modern classical influences shine with the orchestral parts." –BrooklynVegan
• "Emotionally devastating... moments of aching beauty" –Exclaim!
• Debut full-length sees New York hardcore, '90s death metal, and Southern sludge unite in a storm of grooving power that nods to Madball, Obituary, and Crowbar
• Frontman David Castillo is co-owner of Saint Vitus Bar, Brooklyn's home base for metal and hardcore
• Produced by Dean Baltulonis (Lucero, Sick of It All, Modern Life Is War)
• Guests include Sara Taylor (Youth Code) and Liam Cormier (Cancer Bats)
• "Insanely heavy... Sludgy, ripping guitars... When looking for a new band to get angry to, White Widows Pact have you covered on every front." –Noisey
• "Hardcore peppered with Crowbar's Obedience Thru Suffering..." –Revolver
• Oakland, CA noise-punks pound out desperate/stoned tunes descended from The Jesus Lizard, The Melvins, Nirvana, Born Against, Rites of Spring, Econochrist...
• Frontman Jake Spek's rasp is a distinctive new voice – he sings it like he really means it; clean guitars strum urgently and break into surf rock tones as bare-bones drums and bass pound out tight Crass-like cadences!
• "Wrathful, angular punk in the mold of early-90s noizemongers Jesus Lizard, the almighty Nirvana, etc." –High Times
• "Anxiety isn't cool, but appropriately named Oakland hardcore punk trio Nervous totally are." –Decibel
• Justin Pearson (Retox, The Locust, Head Wound City, Some Girls) teams up with longtime bandmate/collaborator Gabe Serbian (one of SPIN's "100 Greatest Drummers of Alternative Music") on songs for Asia Argento's new film, Incompresa (US title: Misunderstood), in which Justin also has a role playing Charlotte Gainsbourg's boyfriend!
• "Icon of independence since the early '90s, Justin Pearson obeys no one's rules. As a vocalist, bassist, record label owner, author, and actor, the born leader has made a career of staying one step ahead, confounding both the mainstream and the underground in the process." –Mass Appeal
• Debut EP by new Brooklyn powerhouse, comprised of members of Junius, Rosetta, and City of Ships!
• Radiant, rock-solid, world-weary jams for fans of Quicksand, Hot Water Music, Planes Mistaken for Stars
• "A model of excellence in heavy music... Driftoff is the band you need to know." –Noisey
• "A brand new supergroup you will certainly be hearing plenty about soon enough... Earnest, angular, '90s-ish post-hardcore" –MetalSucks
• Evil, noisy, hardcore punk – shades of The Birthday Party and Scratch Acid, plus double-bass drumming and creepy riffing that brings things into a twisted metal zone!
• One of Brooklyn's exciting young prospects, the very newest in a recent legacy that includes punk/metal creeps like Raspberry Bulbs, Villains, and Couch Slut
• "Discordant, noisy, anti-social... Great shit." –Noisey
Coming soon - Muscle Beach - new album - Sailor Records
• Denver trio brings the angst and the hooks in equal doses on debut LP – it's an extremely driving, rockin' brand of post-hardcore, in line with Refused, The Bronx, and Kvelertak... All that, plus lyrics about pirates and aliens. Produced by Dave Otero (Cattle Decapitation).
Coming soon - Graf Orlock - new album - Vitriol Records
• New full-length album by one of my favorite bands in the game... LA hardcore/grindcore, based entirely on movies... This new album promises a new plot twist!
Coming soon - Ghostlimb - new album - Vitriol Records
• New full-length album from LA post-hardcore crew featuring Justin Smith of Graf Orlock and Vitriol Records!